The National Day of Prayer will be observed in six places across Columbus County Thursday.
An early observance of the National Day of Prayer will be held Thursday from 8 until 8:30 a.m. at Williams Country kitchen, beside Williams Township School between Tabor City and Whiteville. Prayer leaders will be Pastor Scott Gore of Transformation Church, Buddy Seay of Beaverdam Freewill, and Dale Willoughby of Iron Hill Baptist.
The traditional services will be held from noon until 12:15 p.m. at five locations:
• Riegelwood Baptist Church (parking lot)
• Tabor City Visitors Center
• Fair Bluff Town Hall (flag pole)
• Columbus County Courthouse, Whiteville and
• The Chadbourn Community Gazebo at First and Wilson Streets
The focus this year will be on prayers for schools and children; the nation, local, state and national leaders; military, law enforcement and first responders.
Everyone is welcome. This is the 70th year of the National Day of Prayer, which was established by President Harry Truman.